View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 08:08 PM   #1
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Old 356 on a trailer

Taking the long way home from work a few days ago, I saw a rusty old car on a trailer. There were actually two and they were Porsche 356s.

I realized that they must belong to 'Hack', my son's wife's grandfather. We had only met a few times and when he talked about his old Porsches, I thought they were all gone. When I got home, I found the card with his phone number and gave him a call to see if he had time to show them to me. Today we met up and I helped him put new covers over them.
Cool old cars. They are in very rough shape now and were rough when he bought them. He sold several over the years, but still holds onto these two. They are not for sale. For now he is just trying to preserve what is left of them.

Maybe later this summer I can help him clean them up and see what can be done with them. One guy on the Grassroots Motorsports forum suggested that we take the worst one and "chop everything off of [my] least favorite Boxster and have it wear that body as a hat." That could be a fun project. I'm not sure Hack would approve ...but he was eyeing the Boxster that I drove over for the visit.