View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 03:51 PM   #5
Cunningr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetiger View Post
CV joint requires pulling the axle, then you are deciding about rebooting the joint or replacing the axle.
There might be some argument out there that you need the Porsche original parts, but many of the aftermarket axles are fine and well priced. You should be able to get them for around 100 bucks apiece. Ive been running FEQ in all my cars for years without issue.
I would replace both axles at the same time (pay attention to torque values on the hubs and axle nut, and use some anti-seize on the splines) Unless the seals are leaking in the transmission or you are having an issue with your wheel bearings, leave well enough alone. Check you bushings and the front motor mount, if they are original, they are shot. You can inspect the transmission mounts, but they are pretty tough. if they are leaking or look collapsed, well, you know.
Thanks good info I have a very good private mechanic. But I usually buy parts my car is all original. Why I asked to save on labour later like to replace anything logical.