View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 12:08 PM   #2
jreissenweber1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningr View Post
Did a quick search but really too much spread ot info to piece together intelligently at least for myself.

Quick down and dirty thinking of buying a set of KONI FSD or Actives whatever they are called now while they are on sale, what else should be replaced while doing shocks is suggested/required.

Second last year tech mentioned a small hole that would need replacement this year, wasn't big enough to cause worry no grease ect... So what else would be recommended to be replaced while doing that job.

Thanks.
I'm basically in the same situation and will offer up what I have found thru reading the forum and some tips from a few knowledgeable owners here ..

You haven't given mileage and looks like you have a 2000S .. also it would be good to know what work (if any) has been done to your suspension ..

Main recommendation is to replace all rubber bushings - front and rear strut/control arm/sway bar .. I believe that is due to both wear and decomposition of rubber due to 20 years age ..
also look at motor and transmission mounts - same reason
the question then comes to upgrading to M030 kit which includes new sway bars and springs ..
I have no 1st hand knowledge as to the exact effects either choice will have ..
I hope this at least gives you a basis to do more research and perhaps have a few much more knowledgeable members to comment ..
best of luck ..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
jreissenweber1 is offline   Reply With Quote