View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 08:18 PM   #4
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
So now I have a quandary: Should I take this car to the Grassroots Motorsports $2,000 Challenge ( https://2000challenge.com/ ) as a $0 budget car? My wife and I are seriously considering it. I don't think it would be a serious competitor, but it would be a fun and novel way to compete. We could drive the car to Florida and back in comfort rather than towing a car all the way from Oklahoma.

Under the rules I can recoup up to $1,000 of my budget. I bought the car for $1,000 and it came with enough extra parts that I can put their fair market value at about $1,000. Additionally I can trade parts from the car for other parts, including self-trading at documented fair market value. An example of how a self-trade would work is that I could trade myself the custom 'GT Collection' headlights ($1,000) for a set of halogens ($300), a new Pierberg water pump ($200) and AOS ($130) and still have $370 left for incidentals. That would cover any regular maintenance items the car needs and still leave my official budget at $0. It would be so easy it feels like cheating, but that's the rules.

There should be some really cool cars there this year (AngryCorvair's, Robbie's, and more...) that will blow away anything I can build, so this would put me as a front row spectator with a shot at finishing in the top 1/3 at best. Last year my '01 Boxster with a dying 2.5L finished 18th out of over 50 cars and we had a great time.
:dance:

Last edited by 78F350; 05-12-2020 at 09:03 PM.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote