Thread: Direct oil feed
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 07:27 AM   #16
kk2002s

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Mackew View Post
selling is certainly an option. Having owned many sports cars and speciall interest cars over the years, from vintage to modern, sensible decisions wthen it comes to cars are not my Forte.

I owned a 1997 MGF and a Caterham Super Seven a few tears back both fitted with the same Rover K Series engines (also in the early Elise ) these engines are renown for head gasket failure and it happened to me on both of my cars at different times, I still really liked them, however.

The difference with the Boxster is apparently failure is without warning and expensive to fix whereas on both my K Series engines there was warning in the form o obvious coolant leak from the head gasket and relatively cheap to fix.

In many respects the Boxster is the best all round useable sports car I have owned apart from the spectre of the IMS ( an unforgivable fault in a car from a manufacturer with such a fine history.)

Cheers Alan
Just joking Though I did trade my Box last November for of all things an off road Pickup truck. I never did the IMSB and the car gave me 6 years/55k miles of enjoyment (Most fun car I ever had). I wasn't using it much and I needed something to help me move and haul new toys. But I did think while reading this thread that I never think about my IMSB exploding and should I change it and what type to change too.