View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 05:21 PM   #6
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
The Wiring diagrams I have (1998 Boxster and 2001 Boxster S from Bentley) show that this up indication signal is provided on pin 9 Grey / Brown wire on the white connector for the instrument cluster. It appears that this signal comes from contacts within the spoiler drive mechanism.
For everyone's reference:

The OP is referring to the wiring diagram in the Bently manual on Page EWD-29 that shows a signal called "Indicator Spoiler Extend" at Pin 9 of the white instrument cluster connector. Pin 26 is called "Indicator Spoiler Retract".

Both signals are derived from the "Drive Spoiler" unit which the OP believes is the drive motor.

As such, the question is: Does anyone know if the Indicator Spoiler Extend signal that is sent from the spoiler motor to the gauge cluster is on high or off high?

I don't know the answer to this question.

Thus, I would suggest that the OP could monitor Pin 9 with a voltmeter and then manually extend the spoiler to see if Pin 9 is energized when the spoiler is up or if Pin 9 is energized when the spoiler is down. This information should tell you if the Pin 9 indicator signal actually works as a spoiler position indicator and if so, how to wire an LED to properly signal the state of the spoiler.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote