View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 09:29 PM   #31
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawren View Post
Question: Did the rainy conditions expose an issue with the car? Could it be a bad rear toe setting? Could the roaring noise be a problem with the diff that is creating traction issues? I've done quite a few track days (dry and wet) in the past in my 997 and never had any issues like this.
You just discovered the difference between 50/50 weight balance in the Boxster and 62/38 in the 997. The 997 carries a lot more weight over the (larger) rear wheels which help to keep it planted.

If the Boxster rear is too loose, you might want to adjust the sway bars to better balance the handling. But I would wait until you get a chance to try it on a dry track.

Tires also make a huge difference in the rain. I never thought of either of the tires you used as optimized for wet traction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawren View Post
Also, I find it a lot harder to heel-toe in this car. The bite in the brakes occurs very high in the brake pedal travel and I'm having difficulty rolling my foot far enough for the throttle blip. The throttle pedal is quite a ways below the brake pedal (even when really standing on it) and the result is unsteady brake pressure as i am trying to roll my foot way over. Are there adjustments that can be made?
I had the same problem so I installed a set of Rennline pedal covers and accelerator pedal extension and height adjustor. This made it 10x easier for me to heel/toe. YMMV.

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote