View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 05:28 AM   #25
jsceash

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
these are completely contradictory recommendations coming from an oncologist.

Dr. Gundry now recommends eating as little animal based protein as possible. He's embraced the view that most of your protein should be coming from plants as he now says that the hormonal overload of animal products is not significantly diminished if you rely on grass fed or grass finished meat vs supermarket type meats.
First I have Metastatic Prostate Cancer. diagnosed 4 1/2 years ago. This is one of the reasons I don't post as much on the site. Replies(attaches) like yours are a second reason. Currently my diagnosis is Hormone Refractory Metastatic Prostate cancer. So I will never be off Lupron. The cancer attacked my adrenal glands and now I have Type 1 Adrenal Insufficiency my adrenal glands no longer function, so I need to supplement hydrocortisone and fludrocotisone daily. Up until this current crisis I work by choice 3 - 4 days a week at a Ski resort with summer activities. I was also still active in DE. I've also continued to assist local people with there car setups.

I never said the diet I mentioned was meat based. You knew Dr. Gundry's doctrine spouted it line and verse throughout 3 commentaries. As far as being contrary to what a Oncologist should recommend. Not eating dietary grain is one of the #1 recommendations of Oncologists, not only because of the pesticide used, but also because of genetic modifications which are made to the grain to contain higher levels of Lectins which are a plant produced substance which is much like a pesticide. #2 stop eating processed sugars. # 3 stop eating processed oils. Never corn oil, soy oil vegetable oil. Pressed oils are better but should be limited as you stated. # 4 If you are eating animal protein, Which is a choice in the diet limited it to 4 oz., it should always be Grass fed(not grass finished), and again this removes the grain the animals eat out of the equation, reducing exposure to Lectin in the animals diet and pesticides, homone and antibiotic free. If eating legumes as you specified Pressure cook it and rinse. If eating squash tomatoes eggplant etc., always skin and remove all seeds(These are night shade plants which should only be eaten if properly prepared and highly limited by Cancer patients). I choose to grow my own tomatoes and process them on my own. As far as fruit goes sugars feed cancers, and newer varietys of fruit have also been genetically altered to contain higher levels of lectins, in the skins to prevent insect crop damage as well as higher sugar content. Not eating the skin or seed is a improvement but I choose to eliminate fruit as much as possible.
So what can you eat just as your suggestion, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, leaf lettuce, brussel sprouts, asparagus, and many of the other things you also recommended. Nuts, olives, avocados, olive oil, avocado oil, legume properly prepared, tomatoes properly prepared, pretty much your play book. The choice is there to eat animal portion highly limited. At this point I choose to continue to eat meat. I will also say at this point I know the supplier of my dietary animal protein and I've been to their farms. When ever and where ever possible Organic is better, but if you don't know the source be wary.
Last as you also stated and which is also covered is fasting. I eat 2 meals a day mostly vegetable, but I contiinue to choose 4 - 6 oz., animal based.

In the end almost every point you made is in this book. A majority of them you incorporate into both your, and your fathers diet. By the way prayers to your father as a person who know all to well the course of this disease I feel for you and your family. Presonally It has taken me from some one able to Bike 30-40 miles in an evening to some one thankful to work 8 hours or walk a mile a couple times a week.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote