View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 12:42 PM   #16
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegearhead View Post
I do eventually want to put some wheels on the car that fit, unfortunately (as you pointed out) 911 wheels won't work. I actually have 18x12" wheels on the back on my 911, all of the extra width is on the inside of the wheel. This is possible on 911s since they have a multi-link rear suspension and don't have the long track arm that gets in the way of the wheel. If anyone knows of a cheap 17" wheel that can be ordered in custom offsets please let me know.
I don't know how these offsets would work or how "cheap" but here is one wheel you can get in configurable offsets:

https://momo.com/en/product/heritage/road-wheels-heritage/heritage-6/

I have a different set of Momo 3 piece wheels (I haven't been able to identify the model #) that have a pretty big "back" barrel, you could possibly reassemble with the barrels reversed and have the bigger barrel be out the outside, they would be pushed out more than 4", and I could take a measurement and see. They are approximately 17x10 and 17x9 (from a Cayman IMSA GT 2.9), I was going to run them on my Cayman but doesn't look like I am going to have my tire trailer hitch resolved anytime soon and so these are just sitting, $800 plus shipping (what I paid) Next time I get to my storage I'll measure the barrel widths and send them to you, if that might work?
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote