View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 05:28 AM   #116
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC-986 View Post

Apparently you believe “everyone is out to get you” since you’ve taken the steps to obtain a concealed weapons permit. An AR-15 is not unlike a tool that is best used in the proper situation - for example I wouldn’t use a hacksaw to take down a tree, I would use a chainsaw. I am not going to walk down Main Street with an AR-15 slung over my shoulder but I will use it in the proper environment and scenario.
Yes, I believe there are some bad people out there, and a handgun is a very capable tool to defend myself and my home. Although I have an unloaded shotgun under my bed, in case someone comes in, I believe all they need to hear the sound the gun makes when I "load the chamber" and they'll scurry out of the house like cockroaches. But I really don't expect anyone coming in. It's just an insurance thing.

I also wouldn't use a hack saw to cut down a tree, but I wouldn't use a grenade, either. I think an AR is like a grenade when it comes to self-defense, and a handgun is more like a chainsaw in your analogy. We have difference in opinions on this and we can leave it at that. You'll never convince me otherwise and I'll never convince you. I do, however, believe we both have the right to express our opinions.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote