View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 09:57 AM   #22
SpIcEz
2001 Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy583 View Post
That basically looks like the EVO intake Fabspeed used to sell, only now more expensive. It still doesn't seal the engine bay from the filter section. That rubber on the top edge is below where the top cover will be, it will never seal like that. Why can't they just make it a sealed box with some kind of air tight door to service the filter? Why does it have to cost so much? I mean really $500 for a piece of metal, a foot of plastic tube and a cone filter.
I agree the price is quite outrageous.

As for sealing, I dont think its a problem. If you find it doesnt seat well, you could add foam or something else under the rubber seal to make it tighter.

But, honestly, to me it just demonstrates all the naysayers saying you NEED a stock airbox to make power are saying nonsense.

There is nothing magical about their design. And the M96 works just like 100% of all engines out there. Less restriction = more power.

They show considerable gains on that dyno. Now, on the other hand, I'm sure you wont get that in all conditions. Especially on a hot day when things are heat soaked.

I can build one like that, only thing is to find a MAF flange for 986/996 MAF sensor to weld on a suitable aluminium pipe.
SpIcEz is offline   Reply With Quote