View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 05:06 AM   #33
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
That's what I was thinking.... but I'm not an arduino pro... and I was afraid he'd ask me how, hahaha.

Are you a guy who can build stuff like that?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I could do it - could use a 5 or 10 HZ GPS to monitor speed and send a signal to raise or lower the flap. Right now I am running an arduino powered homemade GPS latching speedometer in my car that latches and displays my vMax on the straights and my vMins on the corners.

[Edit - tapping into the car signal instead of a GPS would probably be a lot better but I have no idea how to do that ]

Check out the digital screen in the lower left of this video. On the left is a real-time GPS speedo, and to the right is the pinned vMin or vMax speed. (The vMin is really useful, when I am trying to build speed through a corner I can peek down on the next straight and see how I did). There is a little overlap due to it being such a tiny screen - the intent was just to display the vMin/vMax but I had the current speed on there for debugging, and just left it there.

For this we could define two speeds, one at which the cowl would open and one at which it would close. Separate them by some amount (5 mph?) so that it doesn't oscillate when you are near the threshold speed. If you want to do it, I'm in. I have never controlled a motor before but we could figure it out

Last edited by steved0x; 02-11-2020 at 05:09 AM.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote