View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 07:05 AM   #9
MNBoxster

Hi,

I dunno. The Porsche crowd here in the Twin Cities is pretty elitist.

We have an organization in the Twin Cities called the Intermarque, which is essentially a Club of Car Clubs. Everyone from the Lotus, Triumph, Healey, MG, MB, Jaguar, Alpha Romeo, Porsche, Ferrari, Saab, Citroen, Z Clubs make up the group. The individual clubs still sponsor events and drives and together the Intermarque does a Spring Show, a Summer Show, Summer Drive, an annual visit to the Wheels & Wings Show in Oceola, WI at MotorBooks Int'l., and produces a monthly newsletter. I have been involved with Intermarque for 20 years.

But, the Porsche guys rarely attend or invite others to their events, they're pretty standoffish. Of course, there are some great guys in every group, but as a group, the Porsche guys are the least friendly, much less than any other group including the Ferrari guys (who are really great BTW).

I am a member of PCA and Nord Stern (local chapter), but after going to a get acquainted as a new member last year, I was so turned off that I haven't participated in anything else with them. I keep the memberships for Insurance purposes...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 10-16-2006 at 07:09 AM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote