View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 04:15 AM   #4
z12358

From my short experience of Porsche ownership (6mths) and a few PCA events I've attended, people who enjoy the Porsche experience and love sharing it with others are the ones that will respond with a greeting, regardless of what Porsche they're driving. These people are the ones you'll usually meet at a local PCA event and usually, they're the ones who know how to drive and appreciate their cars, know the differences between the models, and love them all. The greeting is an acknowledgment of a bond between people "in the know".

Then there are Porsche owners who just happen to end up in a Porsche as one of the "luxury automobiles", perhaps ONLY because Aston Martin may have stretched their monthly budgets beyond bursting. They do not understand the "in the know" connection and interpret the greet as a wannabee's attempt to mingle with them in the "luxury automobile" world -- with something that doesn't even qualify as a "luxury automobile"! Like an imposter at the country club for which they've paid a hefty membership fee! Those may not greet back, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over them.

So it's neither the model nor the owner's affluence. As mentioned before on this thread, some people are just dicks.

Z.