View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 03:38 PM   #61
Russdawg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH1990 View Post
The base Boxster with a manual transmission is not an economy car, but the fuel efficiency is pretty good. I have taken long highway trips during which I averaged about 30 mpg. The car can run on regular, but you should use premium fuel and that adds to your fuel cost. If you drive in congested areas, fuel economy takes a hit and you will be fortunate to average 24 mpg. If you "drive it like you stole it" fuel economy will be even lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke View Post
I bought a base '99 and promptly totaled it. I had raced before and owned a 914 and 2 Alfas. I bought a '01S and had a PPI done on this running and cosmetically flawless car with 35k miles on it. Around $4k or so later I had the car in shape and with a maintenance history I felt comfortable with and only then would I drive it anywhere.

Tires, brakes, alignment, 90k service. Nothing exotic or wildly proactive. Not even anything inside the engine or an IMS swap. Nothing cosmetic. And those were 10 year ago prices.

Wonderful cars if well maintained. Buy one whose maintenance history you can prove. Whose reason for being sold you can trust.

Thank you both, great input.
Russdawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote