View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 05:15 AM   #6
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi Cooper View Post
Thanks for the info. I actually love bright silver on black cars, but by themselves the anthracite wheels look better. For some reason these wheels in silver look a little busy. Still going with silver though.

I'll be running 235 front and 275 rear. Did you have any issues with rubbing? Any mods like excessive camber or fender rolling needed? I know yours is a Cayman but I think they're pretty close...
I did actually have some rubbing both front at rear, but it was because the car was initially lowered too much (rubbing in back) and my front tires rubbed on the fender liner, because the shop that installed my GT3 LCA didn't use the offset hole in the center bushing.

With a stock suspension such OEM, M030, or even ROW M030, I don't think the lowering would be nearly enough to cause any rubbing.

Here is how much my car was lowered at first:

I do know that a friend of mine tried to run the OZ 18x10 wheel with a 275 on the 2000 Boxster and got some rubbing in the rear, lowered on H&R springs I believe. I don't know the offset of that wheel but on TireRack the common size seems to be ET40, so if that's true, the apex wheels are 4mm out further than this. I would check with him, swiftmotoring, and confirm the wheel and tire size he was running when he got his rubbing. I think he has some LCA for sale right now in the buy sell section with his phone number for text. [Edit - here is the thread with his contact info: RSS Tarmac Series 2 Piece Lower Control Arm Kit I think to solve he ultimately went to the 18x9 rear OZ wheel. The Cayman seems to be setup rear wheels that are pushed out a little further than the 986 Boxster) ]

Last edited by steved0x; 01-17-2020 at 05:18 AM.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote