View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 05:52 PM   #6
2sylbls

Did the tank

Got frustrated trying to pull the old tank so I did what anyone would do.....I had a beer.
There are five hoses you are dealing with. the big one is on a quick connect so you can just unclamp it. There's another one close to it that is smaller , its a squeeze and separate one. one of the other ones is just a drain hose so its attached to the tank...but just hangs down on the other end. I friged with the other two until I called in reinforcements. My reinforcements name is Don, he's a retired air Canada service tech. Don's a bit of overkill for a Porsche but like I said , I was frustrated. Don came over and looked in the trunk, then in the engine bay, then in the trunk and said f**k it, go to Napa auto and get two pieces of heater hose, one 1/2 inch, the other 3/4. You need a foot of each. it's about $3 a foot. He then asked me for a utility knife, bent over the car cut the two hoses and pulled the tank out. Apparently they just cut old hoses off of aircraft all the time and replace them with new ones. it makes sense when you think about it.
Lay your old tank on the bench beside the new one and one at a time , move each hose from old to new tank. take the pieces of cut hose and lay them on the bench, lay the new hose beside it and cut it to length. once you have the five hoses attached to the new tank, take your remote hose clamp pliers you bought on amazon for $54 and reattach all the hoses. you will need patience and an hour.
2sylbls is offline   Reply With Quote