View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 04:26 AM   #58
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
I think most of you folks would have a shock coming to China. Zero weapons here, not only banned hard but absolutely no love or wish for them or anything that resemble or is engineered to terminate life for that same matter *total peace*.

The cops don't even have guns on them; responding officers, traffic police, the whole lot are gun-less. Does it make it more dangerous or risky? Absolutely not, safest country you can be in to be honest, anywhere, 24/7, public places, around the clock, anywhere really.

Do China have armed swat teams and special ops? of course they do, although deployed once or twice per year and probably just for training & show-off (e.g. during a major event, parade, terrorism prevention, etc).

ps: a rare incident happened only a few weeks ago where an 57 y/old chap was waving a long knife in public, he did not comply, tried to ran and they had no choice to shoot him in a leg with a rubber bullet. That news made country-wide 'major' shame on the police force for doing so, the 'boo hoo' was everywhere. Not sure they will ever attempt something like this ever again, it went really wrong for cops lol

Anyway... thought I'd share how this guns and personal security thing pans out in another place of the world
LOL, China. That's where I'm going when the doc gives me however many months to live. If it isn't an escalator or elevator that eats me likely I'll get run over by an idiot... smashed by a cement truck taking a corner too fast... or crushed by a building facade that falls off.

Yeah... no guns... but **************** do they like to kill with swords, knives, and machetes. Pffffft.

Welcome back.

And SMK and Maytag: You fellas are right on point. It's called the RIGHT to bear arms... not the privelege.

SMK... thank you so very much for your service, Sir.

The rest of you: Happy New Year.