View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 05:24 PM   #5402
BruceH

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by McHeinzky View Post
Had two really good days with the Porsche before one bad day...

Good days:

Friday morning it was time to renew my registration and we passed safety and emissions with flying colors. I was planning on taking a long drive the next day so decided to finally upgrade the head unit so I could enjoy the comforts of bluetooth and apple carplay. Moved the climate controls to behind the stick and added a double DIN Kenwood unit. I was very pleased with the way it came out. I definitely prefer the look even though it meant abandoning my original intention of keeping as stock as possible.

Saturday, woke up early and took it out for a nearly 800-mile roundtrip drive from my home in St. Louis, Missouri to South Bend, Indiana to take in a football game at Notre Dame. My Boxster did the trip very well and I was very comfortable in it even though we drove through some snow and rain. I came home more in love with my car than ever before.

Bad day:

Sunday, clean the Porsche up from the road trip and head out to run a few errands and low and behold, I get backed into by a Jeep Grand Cherokee just hard enough to damage the front bumper and hood. The driver was nice though and her insurance will pick up the damage but man alive, I was supremely pissed. Car is drivable and fixable and of course no one was hurt and could've been worse but the situation is frustrating to say the least.
That is bummer, sorry to hear but like you said, it could have been worse.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote