View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 04:16 PM   #12
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2001S View Post
Don't know what to make of it.
Options:

1. Fukc it. Just drive it. If it blows up, then it blows up. And if its the bearing, its not going to take long, maybe just a few hundred miles. If it makes it to 1,000 miles, then its probably not a bearing.
2. Get another opinion. Contact a couple of the best Porsche shops you can find. Talk to them. See what they say.
3. Test and evaluate. Follow the test procedure outlined by Blue62. Replace the oil pressure sending unit. Check the wiring. Drop the oil pan. Do a compression and leak down test. Have an oil analysis done. Or anything else a Porsche professional might recommend.
4. Repair or replace. Tear it down to find the problem and repair or replace the engine with a used engine.
5. Park it and deal with it later. Or maybe never. Might not be the best option, but it is an option. Park it in the corner of a garage and forget it.
6. Sell. You could sell it "as-is". Most buyers will assume the engine is toast and offer ~$4K for the rolling chassis. At least then it's someone else's problem to figure out. If it was me, I would sell it for $4k and then find out later that the new owner figured out that it was just a wiring problem. But that is just how my luck goes.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 11-26-2019 at 04:25 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote