View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 06:12 AM   #11
jsceash

Garage
There are some important questions, What year car? What additional parts are you willing to swap out? Anything other than a porsche engine will cost you in engineering or trial and error replacement. 2.5 and 2.7 replacement with bigger engines will take some transmission clutch and axle mods. (I have experience with this). There are thee versions of ECU at least, none of which are upward or downward compatible. All require harness replacements or mods, and ECU modification.

If I were to start over again. I'd get 3.4 Engine, transmission, ECU, Imobilizer, harness, Axles, sub-frames and axle carriers from a 987.1. Send out the motor to be sleeved to a 3.8L, with Carillo rods, JE Pistons, rod pins, and rings. Probably $15k to $25K. With the right tune I'd estimate at the wheels dino of 400HP +. The parts would hold up to the abuse and be reliable. They would be direct bolt in with no mounting issues or modifications.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote