View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 11:18 AM   #5
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Guys, I could use some help on a fun project.
Electronics is not my thing.... so go slow with me?

I've come into possession of a "semaphore", hanging stoplight. Red, yellow, green. Old school. Very.... um.... kool. Haha

I'd like to wire it up in my garage, such that it acts to alert my wife how far into the garage she is. So, green when she enters the garage, yellow when she's in far enough, and red when she needs to GO NO FURTHER! Haha

So, I can imagine a photo electric beam switches and relays setup, but it's not clean, and I'm not sure how to switch off one color when the next comes on, and then how to time them out after she parks.

I imagine there are really easy ways to do this, for someone who knows how. I'm appealing to y'all.... 'cuz there's some smart cookies here!

I'd love to learn how to do this, but if the curve is steep, I'd also be very happy to pay someone to build it for me. (I'm not getting any younger here! Haha)

Waddy'all know?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Was bored, so forgive me for reviving an old post. Reminded me of my old-old-school solution. I hung a tennis ball from the ceiling and told my wife, when the windshield hits the ball, STOP! LOL

Of course, yours would be much cooler! Did you ever get it working?

Last edited by piper6909; 09-22-2019 at 11:25 AM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote