View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 05:29 AM   #38
maytag
Who's askin'?

Finally, piper, something that isn't simply more of your personal attacks at the president. Seriously; go back and read your last post with an open mind. You'll realize that of the entire post, this is the only meat there. Everything else is conspiracy theory crap, and attacks at the individual. You yelling "fact" in front of a statement doesn't magically make it so.

So let's take the one bone you've thrown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post

Fact: The economy, stock market and unemployment are on the EXACT same trajectory they were when he took office. He hasn't made anything better. On the contrary we're on the brink of a recession, thanks in large part to his trade war with China.
Your first sentence is NOT fact. And you saying it more aggressively won't make it so. The truth is that, while the economy was improving before president trump, it was doing so very, VERY slowly. The argument is frequently made by economists all over the country that it HAD to improve, because during Obama's presidency we saw some of the worst economic times of the last 50 years. There was nowhere to go but up.

Now we find ourselves in the longest period of economic expansion in the nation's history. The pressure is for it to drop. None of the key indicators point to recession except this one: How long can this really go on?
Now if you'd like my OPINION (which is what YOU give us after you say "FACT"). My opinion is that 4 weeks ago the MSM and democratic presidential candidates started talking about this "looming recession" for the single purpose of negating what will most certainly be trump's campaign dialogue: "it's the economy, stupid". Because if they can't beat the economy, they can't beat trump. And beating trump is MUCH more important to them than the health of our economy. (Both sides of the aisle have made winning a priority over what's best for the country for several years now. It disgusts me. )

Now piper, I've addressed your unreasonable rants and histrionics with calm, reasonable discussion. Think you can do the same?
If you can't, then this is the last of my posts in this thread. (Unless I need an uber)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote