View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 08:40 PM   #1282
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Well, its been a long week since the accident.

You know how they say that you don't really feel an accident until a day or two later? Well, its amazing how true that is. By Monday, my shoulder and chest were hurting pretty bad from being restrained by the harnesses. It felt like I'd been beat up. My left shoulder is still sore. Man, stuff like this sure was less painful when I was 30!

The car is at Pro Motorsports in Burbank, CA. Tyson Schmidt is the head mechanic there and he built my Spec Boxster when he was at Hegesheimer Motorsports so he knows it inside and out. The list of parts needing replacement is growing daily so I'll wait until they get a good handle on things and then post the list.

Here are a few pictures ...

Let's start with a Facebook photo on Friday after practice. I had an excellent day and was looking forward to Saturday's racing... (if I only knew!) And yes, its late August and I have a running pullover on to keep warm from the cool Monterrey ocean breeze...

I was hit in the right rear wheel and the quarter panel just behind the engine compartment vent. With the toe link snapped in two, the right rear wheel was kind of flopping in the breeze...

The front was damaged when I was spun around and hit the inside wall. It was more of a glancing blow than head on so the front wasn't too heavily damaged but the front bumper cover was almost scrapped through from sliding along the wall...

This is why it made a really loud grinding noise when I tried to drive it into the paddock - right rear axle broken in two!
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote