View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 03:48 PM   #1
outsidetheboxster

LS V8 swap into a Boxster S

Already on board with the Go-For-It frame of mind.

I posted an introduction about a week back. After going through the learning curve for the site I've found I should use proper punctuation, paragraphs, and not live where I have for my entire life (Spokane). Lol!

I picked up a very well used 2001 Boxster S, six speed, very pretty blue, that has been ridden very hard then passed along. New tires, new top, new seats, new clutch, very cool Fabspeed exhaust from headers to sensors to mufflers.

That being said I have been in contact with Travis at Renegade Hybrids regarding mounts. I plan to get the adapter from Kennedy Engineering.

I picked my handle of outsidetheboxster as I want to do if differently. I don't want to cut so far into the passenger compartment if it's avoidable. I'd like to find a way to tap into the freeze plugs or the bellhousing end of the block to connect to the water passages if possible. I have all winter to make it all come together. Pipe dream perhaps but still....

Anyway, I will call this my build thread unless I'm in the wrong category. Can someone confirm or point me in the right direction please?

outsidetheboxster is offline   Reply With Quote