View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 04:15 PM   #1
Rupesy

Bank 2 variocam troubles

A few weeks ago I was leaving work and when I got the the first traffic light and came to an idle it was really rough. I decided to just get home. It stalled a few times, but I made it. Pulled codes P0300, P0304, P305, P306 and I think the code for the solenoid or other timing related code. Also checked durametric and I got a +21 which would indicate a cam timing issue. After some research I felt like I needed to pull the cam cover and see what going on since I have 160k. I found the variocam chain guide was completely gone on the the top so I was relieved that it was obvious. It did not look the the chain jumped as the marks were still correct. Thought that maybe was why I had +21 deviation So I just replaced the guides and put it all back together and I still have a rough idle and now a +19 on the deviation. Is there anything I should check before ripping it apart? I’m thinking the variocam or solenoid has stopped working. I tried to activate the bank 2 solenoid but nothing happened and the idle was rough anyway so I couldn’t tell. Bank 1 is definitely working. Any suggestions welcome.
Rupesy is offline   Reply With Quote