View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 05:21 AM   #10
jsceash

Garage
IPD makes an excellent product that is performance tested. They have done several things which improve air drag internally that the other options do not have. Dimpling the interior, smoother radius's, rear air divider with holes to eliminate opposing side flow oscillation turbulents. I'm not saying any of the other option will not give a noted result. More air in produces more power out. The IPD maximizes all the know problems Boundary air, Oscillation, and radius transitions. The others may improve 2 of the 3 but no other addresses all 3.

Coupled with a good flowing exhaust (full NHP) and remap I was able to keep up with 3.2 Boxster's on track while I was still running my 2.7 2003 motor.

Look at my user image. That is a 2003 Boxster passing a New Cayman GT4 coming off the back straight at VIR, and it is not a one off event I have multiple video's of the same type pass.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust

Last edited by jsceash; 06-06-2019 at 05:27 AM.
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote