View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 06:11 PM   #10
z12358

Spy,

If you insist on Terracotta inside, then definitely Black top. You better see the Terracotta in person, though. It's much redder than on some photos. Cinnamon may be a better brown option for which a Cocoa top may work nicely.

Forget extra crests anywhere. I think we're sometimes overdoing things just because we have them as options. ADDING a crest as an option. DELETING the sign from the back, again as an option. Sometimes less (choosing, options) is more.

Carrara White dials makes no sense. You already have white dials standard.

Forget extra wood inside. Just doesn't go with the gunmetal hues throughout the cabin. Too busy. Personally, I think the Black interior looks the best with those metalic hues and the white dials. I'm not a designer, but IMHO, the brown and especially the standard beige interriors don't go with the metalic motives inside. For the browns, wood (and no metalic hues) would work perfectly. Example: BMW with their Aluminim or Wood interior options. It's either one, or the other -- not both at the same time. Since Porsche doesn't allow for full ellimination of the metallic motive, and the browns only go with wood, the Black leather pretty much remained as the only way to go for me -- and I love it. If the interrior wood motives came standard with it, I would have paid extra for the option to get rid of them ("delete wood" option ).

As we said before... These are all very personal choices and feelings. You will be the one living with them for the next 10 years, so just pick what YOU like better.