View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 02:53 PM   #5
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfkjeld View Post
Bought a long block for my 2000 2.7 last weekend from a private party. I didn’t really need a motor since the original has only 93k and runs great. But I did need a water pump and the estimates to replace were nearly $1000 and the new long block was $2500 with a new water pump, IMS and RMS upgrades. So I took the motor to a well respected Porsche shop in San Rafael. The install is scheduled in a few weeks. But when I dropped it off, one of the shop guys said they had bad luck with a Vertex motor in the past few years. I was a bit shocked, since I had heard positive reviews on them. I even spoke with the Vertex shop in Florida and they were great. Generous with their time and information shared. But now I am worried. I understand the shop doing the install has an engine room, where they can test a motor out of the car. Anyone have any idea what that costs to do? It might be smart since I am not so certain about this “new” motor anymore.

Also, anyone with experience with Vertex? I should have posted this question before I bought the motor.
$1,000 to replace the water pump? Dude, you need to learn how to turn wrenches and do easy stuff like this on your own. Plus you're selling an engine that recently had the IMSB replaced with a LN Engineering IMSB?

Last edited by KRAM36; 06-02-2019 at 07:16 PM.
KRAM36 is offline   Reply With Quote