View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #8
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-raddetail View Post
The GT3 LCA's are allowed and have been purchased.
Great, that will certainly help the most.

Quote:
I Also feel that wider tire and stock style spring strut will be quicker.
Yes, in general, after camber comes more tire. Not always, but usually, so its a good starting place.

Quote:
Where to start with alignment. I cant find and BSR specs online. I know it will need to be fine tuned but need to start somewhere.

Ride height
Camber
Caster
Toe

What do you recommend?
This is a hard question to answer because it really does depend on how you drive and how hard you drive. My setup wouldn't work well for someone else because they drive differently.

The best way to approach this is to be working with a local shop who knows you and your driving style and who can set up the car properly while taking into account a myriad of variables.

However, that doesn't answer the question so I'll throw this out as a general starting point:

Ride height: 90-100mm measured at the bottom of the front crossmember with the rear just slightly higher to provide a bit of front end down rake. Just a little rake to help with whatever aero that might exist.
Camber: Maybe start around -3.0 deg front. About 0.3 to 0.5 deg less in the rear. You might need more, but its really hard to say. Some drivers run more camber in the rear than the front but the safe place to start is with slightly less in the rear. This is your biggest variable and you should monitor tire wear/measure tire temps and adjust accordingly.
Caster: As much as you can get. It's not really adjustable.
Toe: Zero in front to eliminate tire scrub. 1/16" in for the rear will help with stability.

Hope this helps. Your mileage may vary.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote