Thread: Top mounts
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 01:04 PM   #3
steved0x

When I put my PSS9 on I replaced my rubber bushing stock top mounts with Tarett camber plates in the front, and a set of OEM top mounts with an Elephant monoball bushing cartridge retrofitted. Since I did all that work at the same time, I'm not sure what changed what, but I can offer the feedback that I didn't notice that NVH significantly increased. I was already running front Tarett LCA monoballs, and rear toe arms with spherical bearing rod ends, and I didn't notice any NVH from them either. But then I didn't daily drive the car either.

I actually bought two pairs of the Elephant cartridges because I was going to retrofit the front strut tops as well, but then I lucked onto a set of the Tarett camber plates at a good price so I got those.

If you have everything apart, at least in the US those front top mounts are relatively cheap, the rear ones are a little more expensive, but it is a good time to do it along with new bump stops When I did a suspension refresh a while back I kept the same back mounts which looked fine, but got new front top mounts, because they had some cracking. Maybe with all the steering they have more wear?
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote