View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 01:51 PM   #14
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
I finally got around to installing the ignition switch, holy cow I was lazy in 2018. Yes it was a PITA.

Anyways, replacing the switch does appear to have fixed the odd deal with my spoiler getting pulled down when I turn on the headlights and the voltage and oil idiots lights coming on.

It did not fix the air conditioning issue or the electric adjustment for the side mirrors not working.

Steelepuls was correct on the wire under the air bag being broke off. Not only did it make the horn not work, it also made the Tiptronic buttons on the steering wheel not work. Got the wire attached back and both are working fine.

The air conditioning is stumping me. When I turn on the air, I feel the engine RPM drop down a bit from the compressor kicking on. The fan is working fine, climate control unit displays everything correctly. I even tried a different climate control unit in the dash, still no cold air coming out. I have checked the system pressure and it's fine, even added a bit more R-134a to the system just to put it in the middle of the green area on the gauge. Heat works perfectly fine. What gives on the A/C not working?