View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 05:45 PM   #6
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsceash View Post
Softronic's sends you a loader that connects the ECU through the Durametrics cable to their website. So the Durametrics cable and software is not used to program, it only is a communications device.

I have a Softronics Flash but it is not for a 2.7. It is the 2004 Aniversary editions with compression change, 987 Intake, exhaust mods, larger cylinders. I'm not sure I would spend the money on a Flash on a 2.7. I flashed mine to get the most out of a total engine mod. I am satisfied with the outcome.
I understand that the Durametric software would not be used, but I don't see why my Durametric tool can't be used. That has to be a big part of the cost for the tune package. So I would think they could offer a tune package to people that already have a Durametric tool?

As you can see in my signature I have many mods done to my car, pretty much what you have, except for the larger cylinders. What do you think the tune they sent you did for you?