View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 12:18 PM   #4
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewArt View Post
Do you have a hitch yet for the Cayman? You could swap over the wheels/tires from the Boxster as well as trying out the Michelin street tires. Are you running 17s or 18s on the Boxster?
Haven't moved over the hitch yet and not sure if I want to... It looks so nice I don't want to change the look..

I actually do have 17" Cayman wheels (the 2009-2012 17" wheel is the same width and offset in front as 986, back is same width with with 10mm more offest pushing the wheel out per side), and have been running them on my Boxster, and since the weather is dry I may go on them, but I am worried about tearing up the edges of my fronts since the camber is not optimized in the fronts. I do have a set of camber plates so maybe I could slap them over to the Cayman... hmmm now that I think about that, that actually makes the most sense as the fronts are pretty easy to get to... That might get me close to -2 which would probably be good for the PSS.

Here is a picture of my Boxster with the 17" Cayman wheel... If anybody made a decent 17" tire with a 25.5-26 diameter and 255 width I would be on it.

There are some good 245/45/17 tires out there, Maxxis RC-1, RE-71R, or Azenis 615TK+, paired with a 225/45/17 front might be a good fit. I just hate to give up any width in the back...
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote