View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 05:04 AM   #5
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainles71 View Post
Apologies for getting my terminology incorrect I'm still learning. Let me rephrase my questions.

When using a system such as the accusump and an LN bearing do you simply have to forgo the oil pressure feed?

For those who track their car regularly are you simply replacing the bearing every X number of km/miles/track hours.
The Techno/Pedro DOF feeds from the left side valve cover port, so that would not interfere with an accusump, which is typically fed from either an oil filter sandwich plate, or Pedro has a solution where he welded a boss onto the oil/water heat exchanger to feed the accusump.

The LN ISM solution feeds from a custom spin on oil filter adapter plate, and I guess you could sandwich another adapter below that one to feed the accusump but then you would be looking at a quite tall assembly.

I personally do not use an accusump (although I do like them) as I was able to (to my satisfaction) resolve my oiling with the LN 2 QT deep sump and additional cooling via switches to run the radiator fans on high. I have the LN ceramic dual row bearing and have no plans to switch it out, it has been in there since 2012 and around 49-50K miles.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote