View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 01:39 PM   #11
steved0x

On my Boxster (2000 S 6 speed), I have put 50,000 miles on it since 2012, it is up to 151,xxx (or maybe 152,xxx) now. During those 50,000 miles I have put approximately 85 track days, with the following mods:

First few events, stock, on Sumitomo Max Summer Tires
Then a combo of Hankook R-S3, did an X-51 baffle for a while, and then landed on my current configuration:

LN 2 QT Deep Sump
Underdrive pulley (helps with power steering overheating)
A switch to run both my radiator fans on high to help keep things cool
Spin on oil filter adapter
Various suspension mods and running Hankook R-S4 and Maxxis RC-1

Except for a Crank Position Sensor that went out during regular street driving, it has done great. I have kept up with a lot of preventative maintenance, and had to replace some aftermarket stainless lines when the fronts failed (that was on me, I think i installed then wrong) but it has been reliable for me.

I run 10W50 oil, shift at 6500 or below most of the time, and I don't go through corners at redline, for example if a track has a fast sweeper at 90 MPH, I go in 4th instead of 3rd.

On street driving I don't use any oil, on track I do go through some, but I think it may be ingested in the intake, but not enough to cause any smoke bombs. If I fill the oil up to the top it quickly goes down toward the bottom of the range, so i usually just run it at the bottom of the range.

It sounds like you are probably going to be pretty quick right out of the gate, as long as you keep the car cool i think you will be fine, and as you go further down the slops you can add more things as you desire
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote