View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 06:51 AM   #6
KevinH1990

I agree with Mike’s and JFP’s observations. I retrofitted a set of litronics. They are great lights and they have the added benefit of improving the appearance of the front of the car.

I took the “budget” approach and scavenged parts from different sources to avoid the cost of buying a new set. If you have the time and interest you can use this post for information: Advice on Used Litronics

As you can see from my experience people on this forum will help if you run into a road block.

By the way, I have the sales brochure for my 2000 model Boxster and the litronic headlights were available that year. For a few model years the Carrera and Boxster Headlights were interchangeable but Porsche redesigned the Carrera at some point in the model run and the later headlights do not fit the Boxster.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote