View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 02:28 PM   #1
Ottomotion

What would prevent SAI READY w/no codes?

I am taking a break form banging my head against the garage wall to type this out.

SAI not going READY after engine install. All other systems READY. No CEL ever and no codes on durametric other than p1325 and p1341. These are variocam related and I THINK unrelated to the SAI.
Car runs great. Drive cycled countless times. The SAI pump comes on when cold started for @50 seconds and then shuts off.
I did have a p0491 and p0492 w/no CEL that went away after I replaced the vacuum reservoir some 400+ miles ago.

What is the SAI READY looking for that makes it ready? Some emission reading at the O2 sensors in the Cats?
If the changeover valve were not functioning and therefore not allowing the air from the pump to pass through to its destinations (the cats?), would that throw a code?
Is it just wanting a signal from the pump that shows it is turning on at cold start and off after it cycles?

If I had an idea of what it wants then I would have a direction to go, but with no CEL and no related codes and car running great...I am at a loss....
I have searched this forum and others....Lots regarding code related fixes, but not for my situation.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated.....if I am conscious to read them since I will now return to the head banging....

Bang....bang...bang...

2003 Boxster S
1939 Ford DeLuxe Coupe w/392 Hemi
1984 Suby Vanagon Westfalia
Ottomotion is offline   Reply With Quote