View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 09:17 AM   #2
RandallNeighbour

Hmmm, not sure about the jack question, but I can help you on the others...

Buy a real manual from Sunset in Oregon. It won't be $80... that's evidently the price that your local stealership quoted you, right? Absurd, isn't it? Sunset charges a fraction of what most dealerships charge.

The manual is an invaluable tool and you'll refer to it throughout your ownership experience. I paid $35 for mine and I am glad I have a real manual in hand... pdf versions for each model year can be very hard to find, and I do not believe they are legally created, so that's yet another good reason to buy a real one.

Forget the contact cleaning thing. You need to buy two new seatbelt receptacles, one for each side (from Sunset while you're calling about the manual) and replace them or have them replaced. They go out frequently in our cars and can't be cleaned because it's a thin film wire thingy inside the mechanism that breaks. I think they're about $20 each.

Replacing them isn't that hard. 4 bolts to remove the seat, disconnect the wiring harness and install the seatbelt receptacle and fish the wire into the seat and into the wiring harness... there's a blue plastic retaining pin in the harness that holds the seatbelt wiring plug in place that has to be removed, but that's about as complicated as it gets. Each seat will probably take you about 45 minutes tops if it's the first time you've pulled your seats to work on them.

It's also a great time to vacuum under the seats properly, so get busy!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote