View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 12:54 PM   #8
DubsterNI

After a long time offline from car forums (its been a busy year!) i thought i would get back into it again etc. Still have the Boxster, so here is an update of its adventures over the last year.
The wheels were treated to a full refurb, the classic Turbo Twist wheels really set this car off well and are well suited to this shape and era of Porsche, whether it be in the 996 911 or here on the 986 Boxster - they can both thank the previous generation 993 911 for the design! At the same time I wanted to get the car lowered slightly, after much research and going between H&R's / Eibach's / TechArt I decided on TechArt springs from Design911.co.uk, they were slightly more expensive than the others and are made for TechArt by Eibach but apparently TechArt supply their own spec's, from what i can tell the spring rates are different to that of the Eibach ones. They drop the car 30mm all round, i was so pleased with the results:
Boxster 986 S by Graham Thompson, on Flickr

Next up was the exhaust, the sound from the flat 6 is already awesome with quite a surprising amount of induction sound especially from 4k onwards but i felt it needed to be released more. I then realised how expensive Porsche parts can be and modified parts can be expensive as well, but during one of my Ebay hunts one night i came across a guy in england selling a Dansk backbox for a more affordable price, best thing was he had only driven a few hundred miles with it on his car and realised it wasn't for him. So got it, fitted it and was not disappointed - it really releases the engine note without too much droning. Only problem is it sits off centre which is annoying, I've yet to get this sorted but do plan on it.
At the same time, just before Dubshed last year, I had service work carried out along with discs and Textar brake pads all round, handbrake cable and full geometry set up done. Ready in time for Dubshed:

DubsterNI is offline   Reply With Quote