View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 09:25 AM   #3
Perfectlap

The question is how do you determine which of the micros switches is dead or if it's the window regulator?
I was hoping that maybe someone had their window stuck in this position could shed some light. Did the fact that the window froze in a raised position (above the trim) point to a micro switch rather than the regulator?

EDIT
I forgot the 996 is the same car from the doors forward. Saw this on Rennlist describing the identical window problem.

"Symptom: My passenger window was stuck in the fully raised position. The center console switch would not roll it down, although when pressed up, you could hear a single brief tick indicating the switch was good/sending a signal. The window would not lower when either of the door handle switches were activated/doors opened (so you couldn't close the door properly because the weatherstip was in the way). There was no grinding noise from the regulator, and the window was firmly stuck up, indicating there was not a regulator issue which I gather is not uncommon.

Fix: While depressing the window down button on the center console, I had someone else simultaneously firmly push down on the window itself. It took a scary amount of force, not full body weight but helper was really leaning onto it. After a few seconds of pushing, voila, the window started to roll down, and has operated normally since. I'm thinking that the motor got "stuck" somehow?

I know this is pretty simple stuff, but I was about to get into taking the door card off, or possible taking it to a shop where it seems like the price of admission is a couple hundred bucks no matter what, so I hope this helps someone else avoid either of those headaches!"
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 01-26-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote