View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 06:10 AM   #4720
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciao View Post
Tell me more about the cool clutch bleed tool! Where can i get one? How does it work?
Hi Ciao, it’s from a company called Mueller-Kueps. They’re in Germany and they make speciality automotive tools. Just google their name and you’ll find their website. They don’t sell directly to the public. I purchased through a vendor on eBay (Tooldom). I also purchased the M-K axle pusher for my axle replacement (received but haven’t used it yet).

For the bleeder, there are deep socket and shallow socket versions in 10 or 11mm. I purchased the deep socket 11mm version. The socket is hollow and it seems to be permanently attached to the reversible ratchet. It comes with a good quality bleeder hose (~1 meter length) that runs freely through the socket and ratchet.

I attached the bleeder hose to the clutch slave bleeder valve, attached the other end of the hose to my brake bleeder catch can, slid the ratchet/socket assembly onto the bleeder valve, made sure I had fluid and pressure in the Motive and let it rip. Standard operating procedure from that point forward. After bleeding, I just slid the ratchet/socket assembly down the hose and removed the hose from the valve.

I had also purchased a much less expensive ‘bleeder’ ratchet but it had a shallow socket that had a fixed grommet / hose assembly built into it and I did not like the way it barely fit and was difficult to remove from the bleeder valve (tested on a brake valve).

Just to mention that I had the braces, pan and midpipes removed, along with the axle disconnected from the trans axle, when I bled the clutch slave. Taking advantage of my axle / midpipe replacement project made for much easier access to the clutch slave.
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote