View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 09:20 AM   #15
Topless
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Boy View Post
That's interesting. I wonder what the differences are in why they worked for you, but not me? I tried new rotors, and that made no difference. I also bedded them in according to EBC's directions.

In fact, I've tried green, red, and yellow EBCs; green faded easily (no surprise), and both reds and yellow gave me the shuddering. That's why I'm going to try something else.

Anyone here had experience with the Porterfield RS4s?
FWIW, rotor judder is generally from uneven hot pad transfer to the rotors. This is usually caused by failing to take a nice easy cool down lap or an easy drive down paddock row to cool the rotors down before stopping the car. I had this problem with Pagid Yellows and it got really bad but in hindsight, it was probably my cool down habits, not the pads fault. I cool down for at least 2 miles now and have never had another problem.

The best high heat pads I have used are Raybestos ST-43 custom cut from Porterfield. Excellent modulation, heat management, and they last 20+ track days. I have run these pads for about 7 years now and love them. Downside: They squeal like a school bus when cold.