View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 11:02 PM   #6
YellowS2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by obthomas View Post
I have a twist to this story. My drivers side window would not rise and drop enough when the door opened and closed. I got into this forum and searched and it came back that if I could push the window down it is the regulator and I need a new one. Well I took this forum at its word and changed out the regulator, first with aftermarket, and when the problem was not fixed I installed a repair kit, and when that did not work ....
To make a long story short I changed the regulator four times. I could open up my door panel blindfolded. Finally I installed a used OEM regulator with a used OEM motor and the window works like new. Turns out my problem was the motor not the regulator.
Hi Thomas
I had this problem too on the same side last year, but the window still operated. Took it to my tamed mechanic and he worked out it was the door lock that was goosed as it was not triggering the micro switch that lowers the window when the handle is lifted

I bought a new new lock... Porsche wanted £187. I got one from a breaker for £35 mechanic fitted it for £25.
YellowS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote