View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 07:36 AM   #14
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Completely removed the motor mount bolts. The mount I removed was older... and didn't have the "hook". The new mount had the 2 bottom bolt holes... and two of those hooks on top. The mount I removed had only 3 bolts... so that's what went back in. The bolt on the one hook I hand tightened, nicely. That was like a quarter turn each try, and all I had on hand was a flare wrench. The bottom 2 I torqued.

The yoke lined right up... but I did lower the engine a bit to get the long mount bolts lined up. No big.

The water pump I hand tightened, nicely... and stopping just before I believe the bolt might snap.

I should have better prepared because I was up and down so many times just grabbing the correct socket... driver... etc. probably wasted a couple hours just digging through tools. next time I'll have everything lined up. Thank goodness for ibuprofen... because working under that thing ~16-17 inches off the ground is like trying to effect repair and maintenance while standing on your head. Also... I have yuuuuuge hands. LOL

This morning will find me removing and cleaning the throttle body and intake... and installing the S cooler. I'll then fill a few quarts of oil... waiting to see if the pan doesn't leak. When I'm satisfied with that... in goes the new coolant and hopefully no water pump or thermostat leaks.

Cheers!