View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 12:11 PM   #1
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Motor mount - Need guidance

OK. Under the car. I removed the 4 nuts holding in the yoke. The bolts came with them. Separated them and reinstalled the bolts.

1. Should I remove those bolts in order to easier drop the yoke?

Now... upon examination of the existing mount there are just three bolts. The 2 longer ones at the bottom of the mount came out easily enough. Out, not off... for there isn't enough clearance to completely pull out those bolts. I can see that the bolts have cleared the engine... I can see light between the motor and the mount where the bolt slides through. So... I'm thinking that's how it is.

Now...

There's only one other bolt I see on the top of the mount... and I've unbolted it but, again, there isn't enough clearance to completely remove the bolt. You know... hold it in my hand.

The replacement mount has the two mounting points at the top wherein instructions say to just loosen the bolts and slide the mount into them, then tighten. It's clear this will be a one bolt effort on top.

How to I get that mount out of there. There aren't any videos, that I've found, that address this quandary.

How do I drop the mount? What am I missing?

I'm under the car right now...

Thank you.