View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 07:40 AM   #4
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug427 View Post
I know it's not ideal, but for reasons too long to go into, doing it on my back is simply not an option. I do appreciate the concern, I really do, and I do not in any way want to come off as snide or unappreciative of he input. However, given that doing it on the lift is really my only option, I'd really like to hear from the numerous others who have actually done it successfully on a 4 post lift. If anyone can chime in here on the method I aould greatly appreciate it. I know Woody has done it but I feel tremendously guilty taking up his time to keep asking him. He's a busy guy!

Anyone?
We have done it on a four post lift, but one with sufficient spacing to allow the engine to drop straight down on a lifting table. Trying this with the car hanging off the end of the lift is a recipe for a disaster, period. If the engine won’t pass between the ramps, do it on the ground or find another lift.