View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 06:53 AM   #18
Jim Rockford

Sorry to resurrect this one but still haven’t pulled the trigger. Car is going into winter storage now so I certainly hope to have the decision made and the part awaiting install next spring. Also to recap, this is for a 2005 987 S.

Soul is off the list. Price is good, the looks are outstanding but of all the clips i’ve watched the sound is shrill and upper frequency. Sounds exotic but more Italian exotic.

FVD tips are awesome. I like how they poke way out past the bodywork opening and the sizing and spacing is very Porsche in execution. The sound is absolutely spot on but I am very worried that there isn’t enough volume of sound (even with the “sound” version).

Which brings me to the Borla. The look of the components are a little more function over form, which is fine really, but the tips are not exactly ideal (a little slant cut and they flush up too tight to the bodywork) I can live with them though if the sound is aligned with what I am after. I have a silver car so I may paint them black; if I end up going Borla I will post that process and pics of the result.

Ultimately, does anyone have experience / feedback on the loudness of these two systems? I don’t daily the car but I don’t want it obnoxiously loud. I’m the other hand I had an RX-7 with an exhaust that I always wish had more bark. I am leaning FVD but I am going to have buyers remorse if it turns out too tame.

Thanks everyone
Jim Rockford is offline   Reply With Quote