View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 09:42 PM   #16
aussieboxy

Murphy's Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
Actually, because you are already at the gearbox, rotating one shaft flange while holding the other (in any gear) will accomplish the same thing.
Yeh tried that too.

Ok. Whilst the greabox was in, bolted flush & before refitting anything I started her up, & whilst in neutral I whipped on the handbrake to ensure the was no sticking (ie no effect on revs) & then handbrake off & through the gears each time engaging clutch & checking for wheel speed....all good.

So put everything back on & back on the deck the went to reverse out of the garage & as I pushed the clutch it there was a bit of a clunk & the pedal stayed down & no clutch engagement. F*&%K!!!

Back up she goes, pulled slave cylinder out which is a touch more difficult with all the undercarriage & exhaust back in, & the slave cylinder has come apart.

Ok to the matter at hand. When I pulled the salve cylinder off all the fluid had leaked out. What's the best way to bleed the clutch without a pressure bleeder & do I need to bleed the brakes as well because they use the same brake fluid revsiviour?

2000 2.7 Boxster
aussieboxy is offline   Reply With Quote