View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 12:34 PM   #19
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
Those are rebranded SPC control arms, so in the US we can get them as SPC control arms. I am running them on the back. The threaded cap is supposedly pre-set at the factory for the ball joint turning torque, but since I have installed them in March, I have had to tighten them up several times, they were finger tight at one point
I've got an idea for safety wiring the caps via the grease zerk, but if that doesn't work they are going in the trash, that will be a $700 ouch but I am going to Daytona in October and if this had happened at 150+ on the banks, I might not be here writing this. They might go in the trash anyway as I am not sure I can trust them at this point and I don't want it in the back of my mind every time I am on track...
The safety wiring worked, (but is kludgy) had a good weekend at Sebring with them, and I just learned that they have revised the design and there is a positive locking mechanism designed in to prevent the caps from unthreading. Outside of the cap loosening, I have been satisfied with the arms. They are going to warranty exchange my old arms for the new design, as soon as they get some of the new ones in stock. I will report back with pics when I get them.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote